No matter the size of your business, defining a sales strategy is the first step any business should employ when entering new markets or introducing new products and services.
A sales strategy defines the way you position your brand, products or services in order to achieve competitive advantage and eventually results.
Some of the topics a sales strategy should discuss are:
- Which is our target market and how we can penetrate it?
- What are our competitive advantages?
- How long is our sales cycle?
- What opportunities fit to our profile and we can successfully handle?
- How and when we should measure and monitor the progress?
It is clear that creating a sales strategy without the required market knowledge including competition, market economic conditions etc could lead to a short term or long term failure.